Monday, June 3, 2013

Good Life Brewing; Sweet As! Pacific Ale

Good Life Brewing: Sweet As! Ale

This weekend, I celebrated my 27th year on this earth. Luckily for me, my birthday weekend this year was full of sunshine, friends, sports, and good beer. The majority of this good beer that I was drinking (and just like any proper birthday, it was full of many different beers) on Saturday was this well-balanced ale.

I knew that I was going to have a fantastic day of events when I took my first sip of the Sweet As!, because not only was I spending the day golfing with two great friends, but also enjoying an amazing beer. The Sweet As! was so good, in fact, that I finished my 12 oz. can (scoff all you want purists, it didn't bother me one bit), but that may have more to say about my golf game.

The Sweet As! was a true, Oregonian summer ale: well-balanced with 15 degrees of original gravity and an eighteen IBU rating. With the white wheat and Vienna based malts, the Sweet As! carries a bit of lighter taste for an ale, making it the perfect compliment to a warm summer day.

Naturally, I ended up buying a six pack before heading to the park to continue the birthday festivities. As perfectly matched with a golf game as it was earlier, I realized while we had a four person home run derby, the true place to indulge in the brew is with a hat and a baseball bat in hand. Taking a swig, then rubbing some dirt on your hand to take away from the perspiration from the can to improve your grip on a wooden bat, before belting home runs left and right, is truly the best way to enjoy this beauty by Good Life.
The Details:

Brewers Good Life Brewing
Location Bend, Oregon
Style Summer, Pacific Ale
Original Gravity 15 degrees
IBUs 18
Beermigos Rating Contemplating the Meaning of Life with your Beermigos: Such a solid summer ale, a great option for those who want a lighter beer, but not the extends of a pilsner or lager.

1 comment: