Friday, July 25, 2008

Fun Fact Friday!

In a generic discussion the other day, I was told that the process of a woman giving birth on her back was started by the French King Louis the Fourteenth. Up until his time, women would stand to give birth rather than lay down. However, this was more difficult for Ol' Louis to watch the child birth. Why he would want to watch I'm not sure, the scene from Knocked Up is enough for me, but I digress. Since everyone wanted to be considered royalty, or apart of the upper class, giving birth on back became a trend to prove one's sophistication. I'm sure today there are some medical reason's why women continue to lay while giving birth, or maybe it's more comfortable, I do not know.
I can just imagine the pick up line with this little nugget right now: "We don't got to follow Louis' lead girl. If you want to stand while giving the baby we make tonight I'm cool, I'm down with women's rights." I think there might be something wrong with the way I think.
Regardless have a fun and safe weekend, and look forward to a beer review on monday!

No comments: