Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bikini Blonde Lager

Oh how I would have loved to been on the islands while drinking this. My sweet, lovely mother snuck me back a can of this light lager and I was incredibly excited to sip on this brew while eating my home-made double decker tacos. The Maui Brewing Company only bottles their beers in cans, citing their care for the environment, and keeping the beer protected from sun light. While I'm not a huge fan of cans, I let it slide considering the awesome drawing of a bikini babe on the can, and since my mom had to beg the stewardess to give her an un-opened can of the blonde as well.
The color was a light yellow like a blonde should be, yet cloudy at the same time which caught me off guard, but also got me excited to give it a try. MBC created a very mellow taste that was very complicated at first. While their web site claims that the beer is crafted with 100% malted barley, the after taste really had a subtle, smooth hint of hops that is incredibly unique that I've never tasted in a blonde before. It may be the perfect beer for right after a long surf/bogey boarding session, depending on your preference of water activities.
If this beer was a person, this beer would be Diane Kruger. Well known for looks, but there's definitely something deeper and complex about the beauty. I mean, she did help Nick Cage find the hidden treasures of the Freemasons; she's got to have some brains right?

No comments: