Friday, October 10, 2008

Fun Fact Friday!

Good afternoon to you all, hope everyone is having a pleasant week and will have an even better weekend. This week's Fun Fact is just a compilation of a bunch of random facts that are good conversation starters, or are so useless that they stick in your head forever! I tried to find something entertaining and interesting this week, but everything is covering the list of lies our two politicians are claiming, and my head is just too cluttered with BS. So here we go:

All of the continents in the world end with the same letter they start with. EuropE, AustraliA, AmericA you get the picture.

The kings in a deck of cards represent different kings from history: Spades is King David, Hearts is Charlemagne, Clubs is Alexander the Great, and Diamonds is Julius Cesar.

The only days of the year that don't have a major professional sporting event (NBA, MLB, NHL, or NFL) are the day before and after the MLB All-Stars Game.

The first number, spelled out, to have the letter "A" in it is 1,000 (One ThousAnd).

Mel Blanc, the voice of Bugs Bunny, was allergic to carrots.

To finish us off, there are only 18 countries in the world that are richer than Bill Gates.

I promise, I don't have eight years worth of Snapple bottle caps stored in my room, my mom made me throw those out when I was 16. Have a lovely rest of your week, go outside it's not that cold and it's more fun because there are less people out there!

Proust!

No comments: