Friday, October 24, 2008

Liberty Ale/ Fun Fact Friday!

The Liberty Ale I had last night, was possibly the most needed beer of my life. Not only did the Freshman football team I help coach lose badly to the cross town rivals, one of our kids broke his leg, which shook me up a bit. At that point in the night I really didn't care what the beer by the infamous Anchor Brewery in San Fran tasted like, I just needed comfort in malted barley and hops. Oh how the bitterness of hops can really keep your head level.

The second I opened the brew, I could smell the intense hop flavor the beer was going to have. Actually, I really don't remember much of a sweet malt taste to it, just the fine bitterness of a strongly hopped beer. If you're looking for a beer that will smack you in mouth to get you out of a bummed mood, I would strongly suggest this one. And an episode of the Office helps too.

On the interesting/FFF side, the beer was originally released on April 15th (14? One of the two)
1975 in celebration of Paul Revere's historical ride two-hundred years before. As long as we're on the subject of American Revolution, apparently, George Washington had a hellacious right arm. I mean, the guy had a CANNON! Multiple stories exist talking about how in throwing competitions among his soldiers, he would throw once and that would be it, the game was over. I found this on a pretty funny article about US Presidents and their athletic ability here (http://www.faniq.com/blog/Video-On-Election-Day-Barack-Obama-Or-John-McCain-Will-Join-The-List-Of-Somewhat-Athletic-Presidents-Blog-13026).

Enjoy the week end, and if you get a chance, send a Proust Joe's way. Get well soon bud.

No comments: