Friday, October 3, 2008

Copascetic IPA

As I write this, I am trying to recall a certain Friday evening some time ago, but it's not going too well. I've forgotten many details and even the general situation is a bit hazy. Thus is the power of Amnesia.

On the corner of Mississippi and Beech in North Portland is a warehouse brewery with a pub out front The restaurant serves two food options, burgers or dogs, and the taps rotate slowly--four regulars and a seasonal. I started with a pint of the standard pale ale, but once my lips touched the rim of my pint of IPA, my senses instantly slipped into a deja vu of recollection from my only previous encounter with the interesting orange beer.

About a year ago, I'm not sure exactly when, I stumbled across the Copascetic IPA at the Bier Stein, a Eugene pub well known by the beermigos crew. I selected the Amnesia ale based solely on the name, and after that night, promptly forgot everything about it save the title and the euphoric flavor. Research revealed that rare is the occasion that Amnesia escapes Portland, but nobody could specifically give directions that I might find it again. Fortunately, the internet knows all, and again, that fateful Friday, I rediscovered Amnesia.

Of course, since that time, I have forgotten anything that would help me describe it, but I can say that it was delicious and that I know where to get another one.

Copascetic IPA: orange, fantastic, well-paired with cheeseburger. Other information cannot be said in mere words. Such is the tragedy and beauty of Amnesia.

1 comment:

John@Beermigos! said...

That was an awesome way to start off the October posts.