Sunday, November 2, 2008

Bit Burger Pils

It's been a little while since my last posting and I lost my notepad which had some beer notes/titles from my trips, so it's taken me a bit but here goes. Let me lay the groundwork here. I am writing about a pilsner and my God, this is the best Pilsner I've ever had. (Yes John, it is) Not only do I think so but the bartender/owner at a local pub/hostel in Heidelberg, Germany called this his favorite beer of all time. It is exactly what one would want from a pilsner. It has one of the best golden shimmers which is always nice to look at. Taste wise though, you get that hoppy taste but unlike what other pilsners sometimes do this one did not taste overly bitter at all. It is always good to taste the hops, but not too much. Bit Burger Pils has perfected the art. It also had a dry flowery scent which gave a nice aroma to the few evenings I sat around and enjoyed this brew. Smoooooooooth. Absolutely. This beer had one of the smoothest finishes I have ever tasted. It tasted like hop candy. Every time I took a sip or a gulp it went down the hatch with ease. It only wet my tongue and sparked my appetite for more, which I got plenty of. It didn't even fill me up. After 2 liters I felt light as a feather.

This beer was just what the doctor ordered for most situations. I enjoyed this 3 nights in a row while sitting at the bar at a local pub in Germany. I wasn't going crazy, just talking with some of the local people and other travelers at the hostel that would stop in for a drink. This was also a beer that could be enjoyed at a wild drinking festival, like say Oktoberfest. I wasn't fortunate enough to have this beer there but due to the lightness and deliciousness of this beer it could easily be enjoyed and be very appropriate for a wild drinking time.

No comments: