Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Block 15 Nebula Stout

The lady friend and I made a trip up north to Corvallis to see our friends open for the most kick ass, two-man band, Hillstomp. Unfortunately, I happened to get the starting time wrong, and we got into C-town about three hours before anyone went on. To kill the time, Whitney and I frolicked around until we came to a restaurant that we had been to about a year and a half ago. Very good American style restaurant, had a bunch of different options that all looked amazing.

I decided to order this fine brew, that they actually make up there in Corvallis, and was pumped to see it because it came in a glass that resembled a Pilsner glass, but a little thicker. Typical looking Stout, very dark with a light brown head, smelled of mostly coffee. I was incredibly surprised at how smooth it was. I really felt like I was drinking water, that had a coffee taste that was most present and a hint of chocolate at the end. Even Whitney, who prefers Pinot Gris, enjoyed her sip and was equally surprised at it's smooth finish.

Stoked about my awesome brew, we went and checked out the McMinamens and rocked out to Green is For Go, and Hillstomp in the Bombs Away Cafe they played at. Really was an awesome night.

I'd also like to send a PROUST to our recently elect President. Barry, while I may not agree with all of your policies, I'm pulling for you bud you've got quite the task at hand.

No comments: