Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Muddy Puppy Nose Ale

Last thursday, my family and the city of Eugene lost a great friend in Randy Pape. Randy was an amazing man in so many different ways. He was the work-a-holic type that made time for his family. The way he lived his life, with optimism and love, is something we should all strive for. My guess, by the way he worked not only in his family's business, but on other boards and committees around the city and the time he spent with his family, I would guess he slept maybe two hours a night. Just a constant go go go type, Randy sure knew how to light up the room with his positivity and enthusiasm.

In his honor, the Big Guy and I decided to pop our first bottle of Muddy Puppy Nose Ale and toast to Randy. The first bottle was a little flat, but the meaning of it was possibly the most sentimental brew I've had. Other bottles of my first batch of home brew ended up being a lot better than that first bottle. It's a very light brown color and very cloudy (I'll have to use the Irish Moss next time). It's got quite the hoppy, malt entangled scent while it's taste is predominately the malt. All in all, pretty damn good for the first home brew batch if I must say so myself.

Naturally, I'd like to sent a big ol' PROUST to Randy and his family. We'll miss you big guy, the world needs more people like you.

No comments: