Friday, February 6, 2009

Fun Fact Friday!

I want to take a more serious angle on this week's FFF because of a tragedy that has hit home recently. A dear family friend took her own life last week and has left a wake of hurt, confusion, and frustration behind. I attended her funeral yesterday, and I truly believe that if she could have seen people's reactions to her untimely death, things would be different. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family, they are wonderful people and it is a truly devastating thing that no one should go through. What I wanted to add as the Fun Fact, or in this week's case the Serious Fact, is that there are people out there that want to listen to you talk and help you. If you don't feel comfortable talking to your parents, talk to a friend. If you don't feel comfortable talking to your friends, talk to a teacher. There are many different suicide hot lines that all want to listen to you vent about what's wrong in your life, and maybe help give you some perspective. http://suicidehotlines.com/ this website has a couple of hot lines for national services that are free, and open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The web site also has numbers for hot lines in each individual state through out the US. If you ever hear someone mention something about suicide, don't be afraid to tell somebody else that can get them help. If you've had thoughts of suicide yourself, there are people out there who want to listen to you and try to help you, don't be afraid. I've never had thoughts of suicide myself so I'm not going to pretend to know what it's like, but I do know how much pain it causes and that there are billions of people who would stop in an instant to talk to you.

Here are the two national hot lines:
1-800-784-2433
1-800-273-8255

PROST

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Love You Johnny! Mommy