Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mighty Arrow New Belgium Brewery

Good afternoon beer lovers, hope everything is going well in your lives at the moment. I had the pleasure to enjoy this fine pale ale at one of my favorite spots, Rennie's Landing. The occasion was very special as well, seeing as it was the Special Lady Friend's birthday. This was a fantastic beer to celebrate her 22 years on this planet, and also a tease of the up coming spring with it's fantastic weather. The light yellow color along with the thin white head, and sweet floral smell had me excited to start downing the brew. There are some beers with the way they taste, smell, and look that just automatically put you in a good mood, and Mighty Arrow is one of them. The taste started with a strong bite of hops that dominated most of the after taste. The finish was quite sharp and quick after the sip, but had a slight taste of malty goodness. There might have been just a tweak of wheat in there, but that might be my imagination as well. All around a very pleasant beer that would be good any day of the year.

Beermigos rating: BBQ brew; this beer just made me think of sunshine while roasting up some brawts and dogs. I have a feeling this is why it made me so chipper, and really is an excellent one for spring because it's very refreshing and has substance at the same time.

No comments: