Friday, May 22, 2009

Top 5 Beers for the Weekend

As I rambled about in my last review, I love three day weekends. Who doesn't? But Memorial Day weekend is special, because of it's usual events of camping and drinking beer. So here are my top five beers I will/want to drink at some point this weekend:

  1. Laurelwood's Hop Monkey IPA: This bad boy is pure spring. So fresh, so crisp, so hoppy, so damn good.
  2. New Belgium Brewery's Might Arrow: This pale ale goes along with the theme of spring, crisp and fresh that just makes everything so much better.
  3. Amnesia's Copasetic IPA: Going to be up in P-twon later, gotta stop by Amnesia. If only I could remember how to get there...
  4. Mac and Jack's African Amber: A very hearty dark amber, that's surprisingly smooth considering the color. P.S. Maria if you're still reading this site, I'm still looking for some bottles!
  5. Henry Weinhard's Blue Boar Pale Ale: The ultimate throw back beer will be needed as a certain Lauren will be up in Portland, and will bring back nostalgia of river kick its.

Have a safe weekend everybody,

PROST!

2 comments:

BeardedDuck said...

Hey dude. I had a Mighty Arrow that weekend with a certain Kenneth.

Anonymous said...

John, Found a good beer in Idaho, laughingdogbrewing.com
Yummmm!