Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mac and Jacks African Amber Ale

Good afternoon to all of my beermigos out there, hope everyone's week is going splendid, and continues that way into the weekend. On Tuesday night I frequented good old Max's for trivia night. Pretty simple concept, grab some friends, grab a beer, make a team name (our's was "I got felt up five times on my way to the bar, but I liked it." because there was a poop-ton of people at Max's that night. However the best name of the night went to "If Sarah Palin becomes President, she'll be Baberham Lincoln), and get ready to use your noggin. I approached the bar and saw the Mac and Jacks, which I had sampled before when a certain Mrs. Lezlie Winsor got me a tid bit drunk one fine afternoon, and I wanted to get it again. I was partial to it because of the taste, but also because of the lion on the tap. I wanted to display my overall dominance, especially that of the mind, and what better way to do so then to get a beer with a freaking lion on the tap?

The Amber ale was quite strong and fantastic as I remembered. It's quite the hefty Amber ale, very cloudy dark maroon color, with a dark white head to go with it. The hops were the most obvious taste in the brew giving it a confident bitter bite while it went down the hatch, but had a subtle sweet finish.

I will let you know that I did feel quite dominating while drinking this fine brew, it unfortunately didn't carry over to trivia knowledge. The team did alright in the first couple of rounds, but teetered off at the end. However, I did come out a winner because the sweet lady taking the score cards gave me one bitchin' beer cozy that's made out of astro turf! To you beer cozy old timers, I know, I know, astro turf isn't right it plays too fast and almost single-handily ruined baseball. But I feel so apart of the game when using it. Wait, no, no I don't it's a freaking beer cozy, but still very cool.

PROUST!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you blamed my mommy on your drunken-ness! She didn't know you were such a light weight!
Whit

Marna said...

Hello Beer-migos!!

I was wondering if any of you guys can ship me some of that beer.... is it possible?? As all of you I am to a beer lover, and I haven't had any Mac and Jacks African Amber Ale for a long time, its hard for me to get back to Washington to have some, and I cannot find a replica over where I am at.... I will pay for the shipping if its possible, and a little extra for your selves.... Please help another beer lover out if you can. Someone please email me at mariamojica28@gmail.com... I hope to hear from you guys....Thanks...