Sunday, January 4, 2009

Inversion IPA

Happy New Years everybody! Sorry that there were no reviews for the past two weeks, we decided to take a little vacation. Over the vacation there was definitely some beer drinking, so I'm not short of reviews. This Inversion IPA was crafted by the fine folks at Deschutes Brewery. I'm a big fan of Deschutes' Black Butte Porter and Mirror Pond Pale Ale, so expectations were a little high for this beverage. Inversion had a true IPA color of a dark golden hue. I didn't have access to a glass, so unfortunately I didn't have the greatest ability to get a good sniff of it's aroma.

The taste, of course, was excellent. The Inversion was different from most IPA's I've had recently, in that there was a predominant malt taste with a slight hoppy finish. My taste buds were indicating mostly Cascade hops, fitting considering from where the beer is from. Deschutes continued their high reputation in my mind by creating this sweet beginning taste, with a nice, subtle bitter finish.

PROST!

No comments: