Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yellow Snow IPA

Boy, all of the sudden I've been throwing back nothing but IPAs. Maybe it's because the weather has been pretty damn nice for this time of year, but who knows. I happened to enjoy this brew made by the fine folks at Rogue this weekend, while catching up with some old friends. The one competitive advantage Rogue has, with out sounding too business-y and serious, is their bottles. I freaking love every single one of them. This particular bottle had a snowboarder with a dog on the front of it, the dog being the best part because it looked like little ol' Duffers.

The scent to this beer was full of flowery life, I absolutely loved it. While expensive compared to most beers, Rogue is consistent at pumping out fantastic beer, and this was no exception. The first, and lasting taste is a definitive hop bitterness. While not over powering to the point of obnoxiousness, the bitterness dominates from the first sip to the last but still finishes smooth. I enjoyed the Yellow Snow a lot (ha yello.... OK I know, childish) it wasn't trying to be over fancy, it just said to your taste buds, "I'm an IPA, I'm damn good, and leave a nice lingering bitterness. Hope that's cool." What, you don't imagine conversations between your tongue and beer? Weirdo.

PROST

No comments: