Thursday, August 7, 2008

Blue Moon Belgian White Belgian-Style Wheat Ale

It was a summer afternoon that was slowly transitioning into the evening and was hammock was calling my name. Before I could relax I did all the things necessary; picked up my book, gave the local stray cat a can of tuna to nip on, made a sandwich and grabbed a beer. As I sipped on the first brew from my six pack of Blue Moon I dozed off for a few minutes. When I awoke I finished the first and promptly grabbed another.

As I lay there I thought about all the things that I have enjoyed over these last few years. I thought about good house parties with many friends, fooling around in the dorms, football and basketball games, one on one conversations with many good friends, rooftop parties, bingo at Sam Bond's, kickin it at the river, porch gatherings, quint get together's and even the silly dramatic events and arguments that came up over and over again. I thought about how different and unique these experiences were, how important they have been to me and how much I am going to miss them when I move.

The style of this beer doesn't relate much to my thoughts while drinking it but looking back in some ways it does. I thought of all the things that have occurred over the last 4 years and all of the different situations. When I think of Blue Moon Belgian White Wheat Ale there is no situation where I feel it doesn't apply. It has a perfect balance of malt and hops with an unbelievably creamy smooth finish. This light spicy citrus flavor is from a combination of white wheat, oats, coriander and orange peel. It can be consumed from a bottle, a glass, paired with an orange a lemon or without. Just one or many is always a good call with Blue Moon. This beer can be had with all of the situations that I mentioned as well as many more. It is very universal, one of my favorites and it comes with only the highest recommendation from me. It was the perfect beer to enjoy while relaxing and thinking of fond memories.

No comments: