Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Schwag Light Lager

Ah the good ol' Schwag. This light lager is about the only light lager I will consider drinking. I'm sorry but Bud light and the rest of those are just shitty, don't try to argue. The reason why I will drink it is because the local brewery Ninkasi makes it. For those of you who don't know Ninkasi I pity you. They piss excellence. If you've never had a Ninkasi brew and one day find an opportunity to enjoy one, do yourself a favor I guarantee you will not regret it.

Now as much as I love my Ninkasi selections, and the Schwag itself, this giant mug at Max's was very bitter sweet. The beer was as refreshing and crisp as always. Clear as a desert's morning (jacked lyric from Paper Bird, check'em out), it truly is the king of all light lagers. But this was the last board meeting between us Beermigos before my brethren moved away. And un-like other light lagers, the light wheat taste stuck around the entire mug swig after swig, until the last gulp. While I wish the beer would've lasted forever thus forcing the beermigos to camp out in our window spot at cozy ol' Max's, it did not.

When finally coming to our 'See ya laters' I began crying like a sorority girl, who's dress had been ruined on the way to the Barn Dance. While this evening was not a goodbye, Doug and Pat will be moving to Chicago and Spain, respectively. This creates a huge strain not only in my heart, but monday night bingos at Sam Bonds as well. I realize, in a cliche sense, that all good things must come to an end, but it doesn't mean that I wont miss sitting on Pat's roof, going to Prom themed parties in jeans and a t-shirt, the 'Prose before Hos' shirt, and the epic runs in beerpong. So to you guys, Proust, and enjoy your journeys. I'm sure that the characters that you will befriend will consider themselves as blessed as I have to be accompanied by you two, dare I say, gentlemen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

holla back son

love pat