Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Skinny Dip

While this is not a new beer for myself, I always find it a good selection while wetting my whistle at Rennie's. However last night I was enjoying the brew while watching the four year spectacle that is known as the Olympics.
The event that was on was the synchronized diving. I'm not sure at what height they were jumping, but it was high enough to be a platform, so it was a heighth you definitely wouldn't want to land awkwardly into the water from. I'll admit it, my diving spectatorship comes around every four years during the olympics, so I'm usually in shock and awe at the crazy flips and how little of splash they make.
I also couldn't help but to think how much more interesting synchronized diving would be after adding the title of the New Belgium Brewing Company product I was drinking. My pervertedness digresses. The beer is a good summer time amber because it has a nice caramel taste to it like a good amber should, but at the same time it's very crisp and fairly light compared to other ambers. It isn't a beer that you would sit with for a while and try to understand it's complexity, but is perfect when hanging out with beer-migos of your own, or on a hot summer night and want that amber ale taste.

P.S. Just in case anyone is reading out there, Pat, Doug, and myself will be attending the Tour de Fat up in Portland on Saturday. In case you aren't sure what it is, it's an even that New Belgium Brewing Company puts on in different western US cities that is a bicycle festival with merrymaking after words. There are elaborate costumes and bikes, so it should be a rockin' ass good time.

No comments: