Friday, September 5, 2008

Fun Fact Friday!

I've got the early morning edition of your weekly fun fact today! As I hinted to last week, today's fun facts will be political convention themed. Both parties have had their convention, and our next event to look forward to is the first debate, where they will both spew out their ideologies that they'll never get done. Damnit, I told myself I wouldn't be pessimistic.



So the first convention for the Democratic party was way back in 1832 in Baltimore Maryland, who they nominated I have no freaking clue. The first televised convention goes to the Republicans, in 1940 when it was located in Phila-illa-delph-e a. The city that has hosted the most political conventions is Chicago with a total of 25, 11 for the Dems 14 for the Repubs. Length wise the Dems have the old Elephants beat, with the appointing of James Davis in 1924 after 17 days.


Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, enjoy the last days of summer and go outside for the love of Prefontaine. Ok that was really bad, showing my intense Eugene-ness, but I could think of anything else.

No comments: