Friday, September 5, 2008

siempre perfecta

I asked my new roomie about styles of beer in Spain and he gave me this inquisitive look, thought about it for a minute and asked me to repeat the question. This is no NorthWest folks; Ive been spoiled.

We did, however, go to the store and buy some beers which he deemed muy bueno. These, and all beers like them, are called las claras, un estilo de birra que incluye limon. Its like the spanish version of a Hefewisen, if the lemon came included in the can. I don´t want to compare it to the MGD with lemon, or the Coors with lemon, which are marketed in American supermarkets across the nation, simply because im not in America and this is new to me. Instead, i sipped the cold, refeshing birra, and agree with the clarity, succinct flavor and the crisp deliciousness of the first cool drink all day.

Apparently, you can get a glass of la clara, a style not the brand, at any bar and its only like €1,50 tops which is not bad in my book. i dig it and i´ll drink it again, but its no widmer hef, oh god, how am i going to do this?

No comments: