Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Juniper Pale Ale

Guess what? I had another Pale Ale! Shocking, I know, but I just can't stay away from them and I feel no guilt because why stay away from stuff you love? Especially when it's as phenomenal as Pale Ale. Anyway, I was lucky enough to enjoy this fine craft at the Mecca that is the Bierstein. The Bierstein is on 11h and High here in Eugene, they make amazing sandwiches at 8.95 each, that includes a side. Oh, and did I forget to mention they have over 300 different bottled beers from around the world, and 10 different beers on tap? If I could spend five hours a day there, I definitely would, just imagine all of the Beermigos entry.

Now that you have an understanding of this beer haven, this night was really wonderful. The pretty lady friend and I moved some stuff to her new place, that happens to be right behind the Bierstein (HALLELUJAH!). So we went to the Mecca, and I got an incredible turkey sandwich with red onions, avocado, lettuce, and cream cheese. Sitting with the love, eating a sandwich that massaged the taste buds, and Billie Holliday playing in the background, it didn't even need the beer to make the night wonderful.

The Juniper was made by the infamous Rogue, which was light bronze in color while a little cloudy, which lead me to believe it would be jam packed with flavor. Surprisingly though, it's taste was very light. There was hardly any after taste, and in all reality all I could taste was almost a snow like taste. I found this really shocking considering it was made by Rogue, but at the same time I'm questioning how on their game my taste buds were.

The night finished with Whitney and I discussing future plans of visiting Ireland, which is probably the best place to talk about visiting while drinking beer. Ask Pat about it, I think he would agree.

No comments: